FREE Bible Translation Software
Translate at any time, anywhere, on any device
Bible Translation Software
Features of Bibledit
Interface in French
Bible Translation Software
Bibledit is the name of a professional Bible Translation Software Program. It is a collection of Bible translation tools, all conveniently in one place.
Online as well as offline access is an important and handy feature. One can save the work offline, and later upload all to the Cloud when there is an active internet connection. Also, most importantly: the software can run on ANY device and on ANY operating system for FREE.
This program is suitable for the whole translation team. It makes communication between managers, translators and consultants very easy. The translations of various contributors are simply kept in sync through Bibledit Cloud.
Installation is easy, and it is free. On the Installation page there is VERY IMPORTANT INFO on how to install and use Bibledit, plus all the links to the download instructions for the various devices and operating systems.
Most of the interface of Bibledit has been translated into French (over 88%), and could even be translated into other languages. Brazilian Portuguese has been done for 29%, and Indonesian for 19%. If you want to contribute: Go to the settings of the Demo of Bibledit. For overview of what has been done: click on this link.
- No registration needed.
- Bibledit is open source software. This means that one can adapt it to his or her personal needs, for example in certain difficult circumstances.
- The software runs well on ANY device and operating system. More specifically, it works on Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome OS, Bibledit Cloud, Android and iOS.
- Bibledit can even be used online without installing the software. The work will then be saved to the Bibledit Cloud.
- Bibledit Cloud makes it very suitable for teamwork, for example when the translation team members can not be in the same location.
- Bibledit has a convenient system of ‘Consultation Notes’. Because of this, consultants and team members can easily communicate with each other and discuss.
- Bibledit contains a Paratext Bridge for Windows and Linux. This is of great benefit, because it allows for 2-way synchronization of Bibles between Paratext and Bibledit.
- It is great for offline work so members of the team can continue their work while travelling.
- It comes with all the necessary tools and resources.
- Basically Bibledit can upload any Bible in any language for reference. In some very rare cases it could happen that a browser does not support all characters of a script. This can be verified with the demo.
- The program guides through the whole process, from the start to the completion and typesetting of the Bible.
In addition to the software itself, there is a fully operational public DEMO of the Bibledit Software. This is a good place to start and experience the full functionality of the Program. But before you delve into this, It may be worthwhile to check out the Support page first for further instructions.
There are different ways of support:
These students are so happy with their
new Shona Bibles (Zimbabwe)
Read the interesting REVIEW
of a translator
who has been working with Bibledit.